What is the glass plate heat exchanger? The glass plate heat exchanger is equipment for air preheater in the petrochemical industry.
REGLASS glass plate heat exchanger is a product developed by Luoyang Ruichang Petrochemical Equipment Co., Ltd. since 2012. The main structure of the product is made of heat-resistant glass. The outer frame is made of metal and externally coated with anti-corrosion material to resist all acid corrosion except hydrogen fluoride.
The necessity of RELASS glass plates heat exchanger
- As a heat exchange element, glass is used to avoid corrosion;
- The structure of plate heat exchange improves the heat exchange efficiency of the equipment and it is suitable for large-area heat exchange structures of low-temperature flue gas;
- Glass with an anti-corrosion metal frame structure effectively reduces costs.
When the flue gas is discharged into the atmosphere from the chimney, due to the temperature drop, some of the vapor water and pollutants in the flue gas will condense, forming misty water vapor at the chimney and the misty water vapor will have a slight change in color because of the sky background color, light and observation angles, etc. forming a “colored smoke plume”, usually in the form of white, off-white or blue. Colored plumes often carry a large amount of ultra-fine particles such as salt and they are directly discharged, which has a great impact on the environment. This is actually one of the culprits inducing haze.
Heating or condensing low-temperature wet flue gas can effectively reduce or eliminate the generation of white smoke by reducing the water content in the flue gas and increasing the unsaturation of the flue gas. At the same time, the condensate formed by condensation of water vapor in the flue gas absorbs substances such as sulfate and nitrate in the flue gas, which can effectively reduce the emission of ultrafine particles.
How does the REGLASS glass plate heat exchanger reduce the emission of flue gas?
The technology for the management of wet smoke plume:
- Heating method: Under certain conditions, the wet smoke plume can be eliminated, but it is uneconomical to completely eliminate the wet smoke plume as the ambient temperature is lowered and the environmental humidity is increased.
- Cooling condensation method: Under certain conditions, the wet smoke plume can be eliminated, but it cannot be completely eliminated as the ambient temperature decreases and the ambient humidity increases.
- Air condensation mixing method: Under certain conditions, the wet smoke plume can be eliminated, but it cannot be completely eliminated as the ambient temperature decreases and the environmental humidity increases.
- Air condensing and reheating method: the widest range of application and better technical and economic performance.
Advantages of Ruichang’s glass plate heat exchanger
- High heat transfer performance: the heat transfer coefficient is 1.2 to 2.5 times of the tube type heat exchanger under the same flow rate; the plate heat exchanger has a uniform heat exchange surface; the heat transfer coefficient on both sides is equivalent, and the best heat transfer coefficient can be obtained.
- Low-pressure drop: For the same application, the resistance of the plate air preheater is only 20% to 60% of the heat pipe exchanger. At the same time, the small pressure drop can reduce the power consumption of the fan and save energy.
- Compact structure and low consumption: compared with the tubular type, the heat transfer area per unit volume of glass plate heat exchanger can be 1.7 to 5.5 times larger than that of tubular type; the compact structure is high, and the occupied area is only about 1/2 of the tubular type, which can satisfy requirements for large-scale installations.
- Anti-ash-deposition: The flat plate design of the plate air preheater is a plunger-type flow with low resistance and a significant increase in the flue gas flow rate. If the flow rate is between 15M/s and 25m/s, there is no ash accumulation condition; the low-temperature section is equipped with water spray cleaning equipment, which can realize off-line cleaning.
- Free combination: It can realize cross-flow, counter-flow and cross-flow and counter-current mixed combination arrangement according to fluid characteristics, and single-flow and multi-flow combination arrangement. It is designed with module design and sub-module for easy transportation, on-site assembly and replaces the module independently.
- Portability: the density of glass reach to 2300kg/m3, the weight of the 3mm glass plate is slightly less than the weight of the 1mm metal plate.
- Excellent acid resistance: except for the corrosion reaction of hydrofluoric acid, the glass will not cause any corrosion reaction to other acidic substances; the special organic sealing and bonding materials used are also extremely resistant to acid; the metal support frame also uses a temperature-resistant, anti-corrosive, sintered silicone coating.
- Good temperature resistance: The glass plate of REGLASS® plate heat exchanger is made of special heat-resistant glass. UOP special organic sealing and bonding materials are used to ensure the normal temperature of the heat exchanger is 200 °C. It is guaranteed to be 250 °C without damage in a short period of time.
- Good sealing: the plate glass plate is elastically sealed with organic non-metal materials, the modulus of elasticity is large, and the sealing effect is obvious. When the pressure difference between the glass heat exchanger plates reaches 10KPa, the leakage is less than 0.5%.
- Condensational smoke extraction, reduce pollutant emissions: the condensate generated by condensation of flue gas vapor will absorb most of the fumes, SOx, CO2 and NOx below PM2.5 in flue gas; the application of flue gas condensation technology not only brings economic benefits while achieving a huge environmental protection goal.
Petrochemical industry: heating furnace air preheater reduces the temperature of exhaust gas; catalytic cracking unit flue gas de-whitening technology.
Gas-fired boiler industry: air preheater, the pressure difference is less than 10KPa.
Power industry: wet desulfurization and flue gas de-whitening technology; urea pyrolysis high-temperature air preheater raising air temperature; air preheater reducing the temperature of exhaust gas.
Waste incineration industry: Air preheaters reduce the temperature of exhaust gas.
Chemical industry and others: wet acid production technology.