Thermal Oxidizer Introduction
Thermal oxidizer, sometimes called thermal oxidiser and thermal incinerator, is environmentally friendly equipment for the treatment of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) produced during industrial production.
Before the waste liquid gas produced in various industrial processes is discharged into the atmosphere, the thermal oxidizer is used to effectively destroy the waste liquid gas, so that the emission of waste liquid gas pollutants can be greatly reduced.
In order to destroy the harmful components (VOCs and hazardous air pollutants HAPs) in the waste liquid waste gas pollutants, the thermal oxidizer adopts the “thermal oxidation” principle.
“Thermal oxidation” is a combustion process in which pollutants and oxygen undergo oxidation reactions under extreme high-temperature conditions.
The products of this chemical reaction are harmless substances such as carbon dioxide, water vapour, and heat, and can be safely discharged into the atmosphere. This is the thermal oxidizer working principle.
What does VOC mean?
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines VOC as an organic compound with a melting point lower than room temperature and a boiling point between 50 and 260°C. These are volatile organic compounds that can cause harm.
There are many types of VOCs, such as aromatic hydrocarbons (such as benzene, toluene, and xylene), aliphatic hydrocarbons (such as ethylene, butane, hexane, octane, etc.), halogenated hydrocarbons (such as carbon tetrachloride, freon), alcohol ( Such as methanol, ethanol), aldehydes (such as formaldehyde, acetaldehyde), ketones (such as acetone), carboxylic acids, esters, ethers, terpene compounds and tetrahydrofuran, etc. belong to the category of VOCs.
VOCs can be widely used as liquid fuel, solvent or raw material or medium for chemical reactions, the emission volume is large. Besides industrial resources (including no plan leakage), the storage and transport of organics, vehicle tail gas, and wastewater treatment facilities will create a certain amount of VOCs.
Ruichang VOC Thermal Oxidizer
The VOC thermal oxidizer launched by Ruichang adopts a direct-fired design, which is suitable for the purification treatment of harmful exhaust gas in petrochemical, painting, coating, pharmaceuticals, and other industries, and supports the treatment of one or more mixed exhaust gas. The structure of a direct-fired thermal oxidizer is divided into horizontal and vertical. There are fixed and mobile installation methods.
Ruichang Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer
In order to deal with different concentrations of waste gas, Ruichang has developed two kinds of direct-fired thermal oxidizer processes, namely, waste gas combustion process flow(TO) and adsorption concentration + combustion process flow.
Waste gas combustion process flow(TO)
VOC thermal oxidizer system is using a patented arc plate heat exchanger to exchange heat with flue gas and VOCs, after heat exchange, VOCs and combustion air will enter the combustion chamber for high-temperature combustion and VOCs will convert into CO2 and H2O, after cooling, flue gas will enter stack and emission to the air, and the flue gas emission meets relevant emission standards.
Adsorption concentration + combustion process flow
According to the incineration VOCs concentration and processing volume, you can choose whether to use a direct-fired thermal oxidizer system with a concentration system device. After VOCs pass through the concentration system device, more than 90% of the VOCs can be purified and can meet the requirements of relevant emission standards, and be directly discharged into the atmosphere through the chimney. The remaining about 10% of the concentrated waste gas is desorbed and enters the heat exchange module in the furnace for heat exchange, and then enters the furnace for high-temperature pyrolysis.
Oxidative decomposition is under 750 ℃~1000 ℃hearth temperature, combustion clean efficiency is over 99%.
Waste heat is by using the self-recovery mode, the MIN flue gas emission temperature can be 140 ℃, and the heat recovery rate＞95%.
The emission item after treatment can meet the standard of dangerous combustion pollutant control (GB18484-2001) and other local & industry emission standards.
Low investment cost
After adsorption, the volume of hot air with flue gas concentrates to below 10%, the fuel quantity for combustion is low, flue gas volume is sharply decreased, and the equipment size needed is small with low weight.
Supplied by skid
All in one structure for combustion and heat exchange equipment, BMS skid at upstream, low working load onsite with highly auto-control.
Arc-shaped plate structure for heat exchange equipment, plate type structure for air preheater, high heat exchange efficiency with low land occupation. The all-in-one heater can be a vertical layout, low land occupation, and reduce the stack height. The all-in-one heater can be fixed or movable type.