VOCs is a general term for volatile organic compounds under specific conditions. Volatile organic compounds mainly include non-methane total hydrocarbons (alkanes, alkenes, aromatic hydrocarbons), oxygen-containing organic compounds (aldehydes, ketones, ethers, etc.), halogenated hydrocarbons, nitrogen-containing compounds, sulfur-containing compounds, etc.
In 2015, China’s total VOCs emissions reached 37.026 million tons, including 15.686 million tons of industrial VOCs. Organic waste gas mainly comes from the exhaust gas emitted in the production process of petroleum refining, chemical industry, electronics factory, painting, furniture, and other industries, as well as the exhaust gas emissions of automobiles and aircraft. It will cause serious harm to human health, causing about 7 million deaths every year due to air pollution. Therefore, VOCs treatment is an effective way to effectively solve the pollution of volatile gases, and thermal oxidizer equipment has emerged.
Ruichang volatile organic compounds combustion system can customize environmental protection solutions for users, including comprehensive projects such as system planning, design, manufacturing, and on-site installation. It can also provide EPC project engineering. The design of the VOCs combustion system is suitable for all VOCs gas purification systems. The system is designed with direct-fired thermal oxidizer, which has significant energy saving and environmental protection benefits.
- The exhaust emission meets the requirements of national standard.
- The flue gas emission meets the requirements of national standard.
- The fuel consumption is as low as possible to save energy.
- Reduce the total amount of flue gas emission.
Ruichang VOCs Combustion System Thermal Oxidizer Design Highlights
1. Thermal oxidizer design adds a new concentration system device.
The concentration system device is an optional structure in the thermal oxidizer incineration process. When the concentration and processing capacity of the VOCs gas is low, the design incineration process of the thermal oxidizer with the concentration system device can be selected. VOCs gas is first sent into the adsorption concentration wheel in the concentration system device by the main fan. Due to the low concentration of organic waste gas, more than 90% of the waste gas is purified through the filtration of the concentration system, and meets the relevant emission standards, and can be directly discharged into the atmosphere through the chimney. The remaining about 10% of the concentrated waste gas is desorbed and enters the heat exchange module of the thermal oxidizer for heat exchange, and finally enters the incinerator for high-temperature pyrolysis reaction.
2. The thermal oxidizer design integrates the heat exchange and incineration modules into the combustion & heat exchange multifunctional heater.
In the waste gas incineration process of Ruichang direct-fired thermal oxidizer, the combustion & heat exchange multifunctional heater design is adopted. Integrating the heat exchanger module into the front section of the entrance of the incinerator makes the switching of the heat exchange incineration process smoother, reduces the energy loss in the intermediate links, and the number of equipment is also streamlined.
Structure features of combustion & heat exchange multifunctional heater
- The combustion & heat exchange multifunctional heater with ultra-low NOx burner, incinerator body, and multiple heat exchange modules is easy to install on-site.
- Arc-shaped plate type heat exchanger: Patent NO.ZL201420787452.4, with an arc-shaped plate structure, can arrange more heat exchange area at limited space to increase heat transfer ratio, so the heat exchange efficiency is high and pressure drop is low.
- Ultra-low NOx burner: Adopting unique air distribution and brick structure, NOx emission is far lower than national emission standards.
- Combustion chamber: using sleeve structure, the inner chamber is for combustion and thermolysis reaction, the cold media is between the inner case and outer case for the heat exchange with high-temperature flue gas at the inner chamber, it will increase the system heat exchange efficiency.
3. Other highlights of thermal oxidizer design
The thermal oxidizer incineration system adopts BMS skid-mounted in front of the furnace. Before the furnace, components such as pipes, valves, and meters are skid-mounted and supplied to avoid on-site installation workload. The system is automatically controlled, DCS, PLC + upper computer monitoring system, easy to operate.